Determine if your application needs a constant voltage or constant current driver.
1) A CV driver supplies a fixed voltage and is suitable for lighting applications where the number of LED strings and current draw are unknown.
2) CC drivers supply a fixed current and are suitable for applications that require constant current directly connected to the LED.
Determine your application’s output current (mA) requirements.
1) Note the current requirements of your luminaires. The CC driver should reflect that value output. The data sheets for luminaires typically state the requirements, with the value given in amps (A) or milliamps (mA).
Determine your application’s voltage (V) output needs.
1)CV drivers require the same output as the voltage requirements of the luminaires. For multiple luminaires, each LED voltage requirement is added together for a total value.
2)For CC drivers, the output voltage must be greater than the requirements of the luminaires.
Determine the necessary ingress protection (IP) rating for your application.
1) IP65 is suitable for some contact with water.
2) IP67 is suitable for tough outdoor conditions including water submergence up to 1m for up to 30 minutes.